STANISLAV POHORILOV – FRIDAY, 23 SEPTEMBER 2022, 20:07
The Armed Forces of Ukraine repelled Russian attacks near the city of Kupiansk and the villages of Zaitseve and Novomykhailivka over the course of Friday, 23 September.
Source: General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Facebook, information as of 18:00 on 23 September
Details: Russian forces are continuing to focus their efforts on attempting to establish control over the entire Donetsk Oblast and on maintaining control over previously occupied territories. They are also focused on thwarting the activity of Ukraine’s defence forces [collective name for all Ukrainian military formations involved in the ongoing combat in this country – ed.] on some of the fronts.
There were no significant changes on the Volyn and Polissia fronts.
On other fronts, the Russians continued to fire on military and civilian targets using tank guns, mortars and various types of artillery:
- On the Sivershchyna front: areas in and around Shalyhyne, Volfyne, Izdetske and Myropilske (Sumy Oblast);
- On the Slobozhanshchyna front: areas in and around Hlyboke, Strilecha, Morokhovets, Vesele, Sotnytskyi Kozachok, Vovchansk, Hatyshche, Dvorichna, Husynka, Kamianka, Kupiansk, Artilne, Osynove and Mikhuvatka;
- On the Kramatorsk front: Bohorodychne, Yatskivka, Yarova, Tetianivka, Sviatohirsk, Pryshyb, Sloviansk, Platonivka, Donetske, Sydorove, Zakitne, Ozerne, Shchurove and Raihorodok;
- On the Bakhmut front: Siversk, Spirne, Zvanivka, Mykolaivka, Rozdolivka, Soledar, Bakhmutske, Bakhmut, Vesela Dolyna, Odradivka, Vesele, Bilohorivka, Rozivka, Zaitseve, Yakovlivka, Maiorsk;
- On the Avdiivka front: Krasnohorivka, Avdiivka, Kamianka, Opytne, Marinka, Vodiane and Novomykhailivka;
- Russian forces did not undertake active combat operations on the Novopavlivka and Zaporizhzhia fronts, but used artillery to fire on the following cities, towns and villages:Mykilske, Vuhledar, Volodymyrivka, Prechystivka, Novoukrainka, Velyka Novosilka, Neskuchne, Vremivka, Pavlivka, Mala Tokmachka, Huliaipilske, Zaliznychne, Poltavka, Novopil and Novosilka;
- On the Pivdennyi Buh front, Russian forces fired on over 37 towns and villages.
Over the course of 23 September, Ukrainian aircraft struck 10 areas where Russian military personnel and equipment were concentrated and two anti-aircraft defence systems.
In addition, Ukrainian air defence units destroyed two Russian…