Ukraine has closed
the border to men reserved for military service, MPs, local government members,
and officials – who can no longer travel abroad without special permission
during mobilization and martial law.
In 2022, MPs and officials were included on the list of people who can cross the border of Ukraine for vacation. In 2023, most officials and parliamentarians will lose the right to cross the border of Ukraine without a permit after Ukraine adopts the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine dated Jan. 23, 2023, on issues related to crossing the state border of Ukraine under martial law.
In accordance with this, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has approved a list of officials and MPs who will not be able to cross the border of Ukraine by presidential decree.
The head of state emphasized that the decision applies to all central government officials and all levels of local government, “everyone who has to work for the state and within the state.”
“If they want to rest now, they will rest outside the civil service. Officials will no longer be able to travel abroad for vacation or for any other non-state-related purpose,” Zelenskyy said.
Permission needed to travel:
According to the presidential decree, civil servants have lost the right to go on vacation abroad. By the decision of the National Security and Defense Council, the following categories cannot go on vacation abroad:
- Members of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
- First deputies and deputy ministers;
- Heads of central executive bodies, their first deputies and deputies;
- Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine and his/her deputies;
- Heads of other auxiliary bodies and services established by the President of Ukraine and their deputies;
- The Head of the Security Service of Ukraine, his/her first deputy and deputies;
- The Chairman and members of the National Council of Ukraine on Television and Radio Broadcasting;
- The Chairman and members of the Accounting Chamber;
- Chairman and members of the Central Election Commission;
- Heads and members of other state collegial bodies;
- Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, his/her first deputies and deputies;
- Members of Parliament of Ukraine;
- The Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights and his/her representatives;
- Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine, his/her first…