Celebrities

George Clooney ‘forced to scale back commitments at Venice Film Festival after falling ill on opening day’

George Clooney thinks Joe Biden’s decision to quit the 2024 US presidential race was one of the most ‘selfless’ moments in American history

George Clooney is said to have been forced to scale back his commitments at the Venice Film Festival after falling ill on the opening day.

George Clooney is said to have been forced to scale back his commitments at the Venice Film Festival after falling ill on the opening day

The Oscar-winning actor, 64, who is starring in Noah Baumbach’s competition film Jay Kelly, ended his Wednesday (27.08.25) press junket early and did not attend a private dinner with cast, crew and Netflix executives, it has now emerged,

Insiders told The Hollywood Reporter George began to feel unwell in the afternoon and was advised to return to his accommodation to rest ahead of Thursday’s press conference and world premiere.

The actor was photographed leaving the Hotel Excelsior by boat at around 4pm.

His absence meant he missed a dinner with director Noah Baumbach, 55, and co-stars Adam Sandler, 58, and Laura Dern, also 58.

The nature of his illness has not been disclosed, but sources have stressed it was “nothing to worry about”.

Hours earlier, George had been seen arriving at the Lido with Laura, dressed in a navy suit, striped shirt and tinted sunglasses.

George’s health scare comes after he recently discussed his future plans in acting.

In March, he told CBS News programme 60 Minutes he would no longer appear in romantic comedies.

He said: “Look, I’m 63 years old. I’m not trying to compete with 25-year-old leading…

Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Celebrities from Female First…