Entertainment

Former Aide Discusses Prince William’s Lowest Moment

Former Aide Discusses Prince William's Lowest Moment

A former aide and adviser to Prince William has opened up about the exceedingly difficult time the Wales family had last year.

“Within a couple of weeks, if you’re Prince William, you find out that both your wife and your father have cancer,” Jason Knauf told “60 Minutes Australia” in a new interview released Sunday. “I couldn’t believe it.”

When the interviewer asked about Knauf’s own phone call with William after Kate’s shock diagnosis, the former adviser called it “awful ― absolutely awful.”

“It’s the lowest I’ve ever seen him,” Knauf said, before explaining that “the problem was that all this crazy sort of conspiracy theory stuff kicked off in the background, online. ‘Was she really ill?’”

“But [William and Kate] didn’t want to say yet that she had cancer because they hadn’t told the children, and they were still working through how to tell the children,” he said.

Knauf began his work with the royal household in 2015, serving as communications secretary for the then-Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry in 2015 before rotating through several influential roles.

Knauf’s tenure is perhaps most widely recognized for his involvement in the bullying allegations leveled against Meghan Markle during her time within the royal family.

Kate did eventually reveal her cancer diagnosis to the world in March 2024, just before her children went on Easter break and were out of school and therefore slightly shielded from the media circus.

King Charles announced he had cancer a month prior after undergoing prostate surgery.

Neither royal has released details about the type of cancer.

The Princess of Wales let followers know in September that she had completed chemotherapy treatment. Earlier this year, she said in a statement on X, formerly Twitter, that her cancer was in remission.

Go Ad-Free — And Protect The Free Press

The next four years will change America forever. But HuffPost won’t back down when it comes to providing free and impartial journalism.

For the first time, we’re offering an ad-free experience to qualifying contributors who support our fearless newsroom. We hope you’ll join us.

You’ve supported HuffPost before, and we’ll be honest — we could use your help again. We won’t back down from our mission of providing free, fair news during this critical moment. But we can’t do it without you.

For the first time, we’re offering an ad-free…

Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Entertainment…